The Dyson cordless vacuums are available in different variants including the V6, V7, V8, V10 and even the V11. While each of these is a high-performance vacuum, it is important to know how to clean the Dyson cordless vacuum. This will ensure that your unit performs powerfully at all times and gets rid of the dirt on all floor types.
Moreover, the Dyson cordless vacuums do not come cheap and as such, you need to maintain your unit frequently so that you get your money’s worth for a long time. It's even better that it does not take a lot to clean these units; hence you can get yours tidy in no time. We'd previously outlined the best tips on how to clean your cordless bagless vacuum. Now, walk with us and we'll show you how to clean your cordless Dyson vacuum.
Wash the Dyson's Filters
The Dyson cordless vacuum often comes with one or more filters that can be cleaned. This can be done by washing the filters to get rid of dust and dirt stuck in it. Once these particles are cleared, your Dyson vacuum will keep operating at its best. Accordingly, follow these steps to wash the device's filter:
- Turn off the Dyson vacuum
- Unplug it from a power source if it was charging
- Take out the filter. The method of removing this filter will differ depending on the variant of the Dyson vacuum you're using.
- Run the filter under cold water and ensure that you do not use detergent to wash it. Also, do not place the filter in a washing machine or dishwasher.
- Rinse the filter until it is clear of all dirt and gently squeeze out the water
- Leave the filter to dry for 24 hours. It's also worth pointing out that you should not use a tumble dryer, microwave or near a naked flame to dry the filter.
- Finally, replace the filter within the vacuum.
How to Wash the Dyson Vacuum's Bin
To wash the Dyson vacuum's bin, do the following:
- Open the base of the bin by pressing the red button
- Press the button a second time to free the clear bin from the main unit
- Carefully take out the bin
- Use a clean damp cloth (not fully soaked in water) to clean the interior of the bin
- Use the dusting brush on the combination tool to remove the dust from the bin. And ensure that you do not immerse the cyclone unit in water or pour water into it.
- Allow the bin to sit for 24 hours so that it is totally dry.
- Replace the bin
How to Wash the Dyson Vacuum's Brush Bar
To wash the Dyson vacuum brush bar, follow these steps:
- Use the release button to disconnect the Motorised floor tool from the wand
- Move the floorhead upside down and use a coin to unlock the fastener
- Rotate the caps' end and slide away the large brush bar to remove the end cap
- Remove the small brush bar from the unit
- Run the brush bar under water to remove dirt
- Place the brush bar upright and leave it to dry for 24 hours
- Replace the small brush bar, and then the large brush bar into the unit
- Refit the end cap to the brush bar.
- Replace the large brush bar into the tool
- Lock the end of the cap using a coin. Turn the cap clockwise to fasten it back.
These are the steps that will enable you to take apart a Dyson cordless vacuum to clean.
What You Should Not Do When Cleaning the Dyson Vacuum
Unarguably, your goal is to get your machine squeaky clean and working very well as if it was just removed from the package. That is why it is possible to go just a little overboard and do things that are not needful. Here are some things you should not do while handling your Dyson vacuum:
- Do not place any part of the unit in a washing machine or dishwasher.
- Avoid using a tumble dryer, microwave or a naked flame to get the unit dry faster after washing.
- Do not wash the filter or bin using detergents, air fresheners, or polishes.
These are the steps on how to clean the Dyson cordless vacuum and you can employ them each time your unit needs to be freed of stuck-in dirt. Eliminating these specks of dirt will ensure that the vacuum operates seamlessly for a long time. It'll not break down when you least expect, or fail to pick up pet hairs, dust, and other debris.