It's worth knowing how to clean a Dyson V6 head to keep the appliance functioning properly at all times. This is because dust, hairs, and other particles may block the vacuum’s head over time. And cleaning only the vacuum's filter may not still prolong the unit's lifespan. Therefore, one more way to keep your Dyson vacuum clean is to remove the dirt in the cleaner head.
The Dyson V6, on the other hand, is a cordless vacuum that boasts of powerful suction. We'd previously reviewed the features of the Dyson V6 and what makes it a good buy. However, to keep making the most of these impressive features and get your money's worth for a long time, it is important to clean the Dyson V6 head. Here's how to do it.
- Turn off the vacuum and disconnect from a power source if it was connected
- Place the motorhead on a surface to work on it with ease.
- Turn the motor head to its size, and fix a coin into the short dash line on the side of the brush bar. (Remember that a screwdriver might not fit in easily, hence it's better to use a coin. In the same vein, only certain coins can unlock the brush bar).
- After unlocking the brush bar, pull it out of the motorhead.
- You can then proceed to take off the hair that is stuck in the bar.
Now that you have successfully cleaned the brush bar, you need to get rid of any dirt within the motorhead. To do this:
- Check the upper region close to where you took out the brush bar and you might find more dirt in there
- Fit in a small short tool such as a screwdriver within this space and carefully remove the particles in there.
- There's no need to place the component in water to ensure it does not get ruined.
- You can then replace the brush bar and fit it in properly.
At this point, you may be wondering why it's important to remove the dirt in this region. It's needful since it can affect the performance of your unit in the long run. You may have cleaned the brush bar, but the dirt on the upper part may affect how the vacuum cleans.
The Dyson V6 is a quality cordless vacuum, however, it can only serve you well for a long time if you know how to take care of it. One way to ensure it runs well anytime you use it is to keep its motorhead clean. It'll save you from buying a new vacuum in the near future.